After online slots, casino games such as blackjack, roulette, and poker are the most played games in online casinos. While some, such as roulette, are purely games of chance, others like poker require skills and strategy. Whichever game you fancy, one thing is certain – they offer tons of entertainment!
In this page we’ll briefly explain the basic rules, strategies, and tips on how to play these iconic casino games.
How to Play Blackjack Online
If you’re new to the game of blackjack, you should start by getting acquainted with the basic rules of the game. The goal of the game is to beat the dealer by getting your total cards value as close to 21 as possible. If you go over 21, you go ‘bust’, or lose. The same applies for the dealer. The player who gets the card total as 21, or as close to 21, wins the game.
Here are the basic steps involved in a game of blackjack.
- Join an online blackjack table where you and the other players will be playing against the dealer.
- Now the players will place their bets. If you think you can get a higher total than the dealer without going over 21, you can bet a larger amount.
- Next, everyone, including the dealer, is dealt 2 cards each. Each of the face cards have a value of 10, and the ace can be either 1 or 11 depending on the player’s choice.
- You now have the option of taking another card or a ‘hit’. Or you can ask the dealer to ‘stand’ – which means you don’t want to take more cards, and the dealer moves on to the next player.
- Players can keep taking more cards until they decide to stand, or until they go bust.
- If the player busts, he/she loses all the bet money. If the dealer busts, then the players will win the prizes as per the game rules.
These are the basic rules of a blackjack games. Typically, online casinos offer many variations of the classic game, and they offer additional options such as Insurance, Surrender, Even Money, etc.
How to Play Roulette Online
Roulette is a game that appeals to the casual betters, and the serious punters at the same time. The game’s rules are easy to understand, and at the same time offers many betting options for experienced players too.
A roulette wheel has divisions with 36 numbers and a 0. The wheel is rotated and a ball is spun around the outside of the bowl. Eventually the wheel stops and the ball comes to rest in one of numbered divisions. If the ball lands on the number you had bet on, you win.
Below are the basic steps involved in a game of roulette.
- The game starts with all the players placing their bets. There are a range of bets that you can place. The simplest one being the ‘inside bets’ that are placed on specific numbers of the wheel.
- The dealer then throws a ball into the spinning roulette wheel. Players can still place the bets while the wheel is spinning until the dealer announces otherwise.
- The wheel eventually stops and the ball will land on one of the numbered sections.
- The players are rewarded according to the bets placed.
How to Play Poker Online
Poker is a popular game of luck, skill, and strategy. There are a variety of poker games with different rules and settings. Nevertheless there are mainly 4 kinds of poker that’ll you’ll find in most online casinos.
- Straight Poker
- Stud Poker
- Card Draw Poker
- Community Poker